Operating at the intersection of faith and finance, we are caring professionals partnering with those engaged in the life of the Church to provide valued services leading to greater financial security and wellness. Vision Statement
The Pension Boards delivers benefits and services from the intersection of faith and finance, providing clergy, lay employees, and all persons served with the peace of mind that comes through greater financial security and better health.
Since 1914, The Pension Boards-United Church of Christ, Inc. (PBUCC) has been a partner in ministry with those who serve the United Church of Christ. PBUCC offers comprehensive employee benefits programs for active and retired UCC clergy and lay employees and their eligible dependents, providing the highest standards of service, access and options. PBUCC assists those who serve the church achieve health and economic security through:
The Pension Boards-United Church of Christ, Inc.
- The Annuity Plan for the United Church of Christ – a professionally-managed 403(b) pension plan with eight investment fund options for members in their active years of employment; in retirement, members can annuitize all monies in their accumulation accounts or invest Tax-Sheltered Annuity contributions, rollovers and up to 20% of employer contributions in PBUCC investment funds.
- The UCC Medical and Dental Benefits Plan – comprehensive medical coverage including wellness and preventive care, pharmacy and mental health benefits, and optional dental and vision benefits.
- The UCC Life Insurance and Disability Income Benefit Plan – provides financial peace of mind to survivors in the event of a participant's death, as well short- and long-term disability income benefits.
- The Flexible Benefit Plan for UCC Ministries – a tax-advantaged means of setting aside money, through salary reduction agreement, for anticipated medical and dependent care expenses.
- Long-Term Care Insurance – available to UCC employees at favorable group rates and with relaxed health screening through LTC Partners.
- The United Church Board for Ministerial Assistance – a subsidiary corporation affiliated with PBUCC that provides annual visitation, pension supplementation, health premium supplementation and Christmas gift checks to lower-income retired clergy and lay employees, as well as emergency assistance to active and retired employees facing unforeseen financial crisis; sponsor of the Next Generation Leadership Initiative: Target 2030, which assists UCC clergy in their 20s and 30s in developing transformational leadership skills.
- Member Education – seminars, conference calls and webinars for participants at all stages in their careers that offer financial education and information on a variety of employee benefits topics.
Operating at the Intersection of Faith and Finance