Dental emergencies can happen when you least expect it. If you have an urgent problem while you’re traveling for work or on vacation, here are some tips that can help.
- Buy ortho wax at the drug store – If you chip a tooth, the sharp broken edges can cut inside your mouth. Cover the spot with a bit of orthodontic wax or tooth wax to protect your skin until you can get it repaired.
- Carry over-the-counter pain relievers – Keep ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or naproxen in your purse, glove box, or luggage. These NSAIDs can temporarily reduce pain and swelling due to toothaches or other issues.
- Schedule a virtual dentist visit – Some United Concordia plans cover teledentistry, where you chat live with a dentist by video or phone. The dentist will evaluate a picture or video of your issue and recommend what to do next. Though some things can be treated over the phone, you may be advised to get in to see a nearby dentist.
- Find in-network dentists near you – If you have a serious problem and can’t wait to get home to your regular dentist, pull up our online Find a Dentist tool. Use it to find in-network dentists almost anywhere who accept your United Concordia insurance.
- Get our app for on-the-go info – Download the United Concordia Dental app and log in with the username and password from your MyDentalBenefits account. You can pull up your digital member ID card, plus access all your dental plan details 24/7.
Find an Advantage Plus 2.0 dentist now!